Thursday, August 20, 2015

Good Fortune


a friend of mine gave me this for good luck some 25 years ago.  In my previous post, I recognized good friends and the value they bestow on our lives.  Good fortune has played a role in my life as well.  Through struggles and despair,  I'm also grateful for the good fortune I have had in the fulfillment of my dreams.  A simple one.  Being able to own and care for horses.

This gift from a friend which we hung on the dairy barn years ago is a reflection of that!

This is June Royal, Starburst - a pony, and L.S. Quinarius in the foreground.

Jim Dandy close-up.  his eyes are puffy from allergies to some of the wildflowers in the pasture.
Jim Dandy rough housing in the early morning just out of the barn.  Another one ready to roll in the snow.  Horses like to roll over first thing out of the barn - one way they groom themselves.
June Royal showing signs of aging - gray on her face /coat
Smokey Boots, our oldest horse who died several years ago - see my Memorial post 
Rosa Bonheur painting "The Horse Fair" hanging in the MET, my days in NYC from which I took inspiration and dreamt of having horses to care for.

No comments:

Post a Comment