Tuesday, January 22, 2013


Steve Perry is 64 years old - today - do you ever get too old for rock and roll?  I love his vocals - never saw Journey in concert - but love being able to see live performances through the internet.  It brings some nostalgia.  Such talented musicians are always inspirational.  I hope kids are encouraged to play instruments.  In our early years, my sisters took piano lessons and we got some of the greatest pleasure at family gatherings in their playing and my cousins talents too.  We played "records" of Journey, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Bachman Turner Overdrive, James Taylor, Neil Young et al and I still have many original albums.
In an interview Steve Perry states how difficult being on the road non stop was for them.  Thank-you music makers!  Here are some of Steve Perry's music recommendations - "Sam Cooke, Robert Plant, Marvin Gaye, Janis Joplin, Diana Washington, Kitty Lester and so many great singers I love,...I love Sarah McLachlan's voice and her writing very much. She's really something special. I also love Diana Krall, Joni Mitchell and many old R&B girls like Diana Washington, Aretha Franklin, and others. ..." may their music live on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment