Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Animal Memories: BoBo 2003 to 2012

We had rescued BoBo from the Herkimer SPCA - Gene had saw the ad in the paper and pointed him out to me.  BoBo was my 3rd Treeing Walker Hound after Lucky and Buddy.  They are large hounds with a lifespan of 10-12 years...  He lived on our farm.  Free.  Enjoyed every bit of it.  Some animals you deeply connect with and BoBo was one of them for me.  Since I am naturally drawn toward animal care - most animals are special to me.  But today I cried, burying a dog that had been at my side every day, from house to barn to barn and back again.  BoBo even spent time with me in the fields, and up in the tents!  He was everywhere I was.

It's hard to remember the good ole days when your coming out of the days at the end - when you nurse and comfort them in death - but never enough - it seems you can never do enough for another living creature that loves life as much as you do.     He did not want to close his eyes and leave this world.

He gave us lots of joy, he was a big baby, always wanting to be with us in the house. The house seems empty without him.  He was very vocal if we left him in the kennels -  like no other dog - he had to be in the house.  He enjoyed running and playing with the other dogs, chasing the goats, and coming up to the cats and scaring them away from their food.  He was loveable because he was so playful in a dumb and goofy way.   We named him BoBo after a clown.  Many people warmed up to BoBo.  He will be greatly missed.  We love you BoBo!

No comments:

Post a Comment