Thursday, February 10, 2011

Healthy Living

The following is entirely quoted from a blog about longevity and I agree with this advice - thought to pass wisdom along...
"We really can "play" at designing our lives and I feel that is the most important thing we "should" focus on.   I think the most important thing is attitude and then living a healthy life. 
-What you eat is very important...eat REAL FOOD....as little processed food as possible... because it feeds the body, the cells, the brain as well as the spirit. 
-I drink in moderation (and only wine) and didn't drink at all when I was young. 
-As I have always, luckily, been healthy I don't take any pharmacutical drugs. I use food and alternative means (acupuncture,reflexology, massage, homeopathy etc) to maintain health.
-I think having a creative outlet is VERY important whatever that is for you. I make art and I also use personal style as a means of SELF expression. I love to cook so I do public cooking demos to excit people about eating beautiful, fresh food. I want to show how easy and delicious it can be!
-I try to keep stress to a minimum working at things I love and not about money. My life is quite simple so I don't acquire a lot of possesions that stress my economics...I don't need the newest toys or trendy fashions to build up debt.  
-I believe that "the best things in life are free" like friendship, sharing a beautiful meal with a friend or loved ones, good health, a beautiful sunset, sitting under a tree on a sunny day.
-I have chosen for over 40 years to make my art from recycled and ordinary materials finding the challenge and joy in TRANSFORMATION!
-I also have no children by choice and that works for me. I have a wonderful partner but we are not married so the relationship is built on affection, respect, friendship and JOY! Not economic aquisitions, need, habit or stress."..... http://www.advancedstyle.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment